cheeseflavor
Get A Life - Get A Bike

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Bianchi San Jose, '87 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FarHorizon
The pads where the sit bones go are only lightly padded. Perhaps lighter riders can stand the sit bone force for a longer time, but (like the Fizik) I found my sit bones feeling sore and bruised after about 30 to 45 minutes of riding. The Alias is not a "cheek support" type saddle.
Far, I wonder if you wouldn't get used to that after a couple, three rides? Is it that same kind of soreness that a person gets after the first few rides of the year? I had that for the first, maybe the second ride. After that, we've done some fairly long (for us) rides of 40+ and 50+ miles with no discomfort at all.

I think I mentioned that Linda picked up a Jett, which is the women's specific version of the Alias? She had that same soreness after the first ride. Subsequent rides were pain free and she really likes the saddle now.

Originally Posted by FarHorizon
I plan to hold on to both my Specialized Alias and my Fizik for future use. I believe that as I lose weight, the saddles will become comfortable for longer periods of riding. As for now, however, the Specialized Milano is still my top choice. The design is good and the padding makes longer periods in the saddle possible without bruising or soreness. For perenial comfort, though, the Alias and the Fizik are tops!
I think you should try that Alias a couple more times to see if the soreness doesn't go away. That is of course, unless you're really sore

Good review, Far! Very informative.

Take care,

Steve