View Single Post
Old 04-28-14, 08:04 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by otg
That came out very nice Jim. Suntour BL?
Thanks, otg. Not a BL, a 1st gen Cyclone. A blue RD would have been a nice stylistic touch though. The only stylistic choices I made on this bike were the blue bar tape and cable housing, the French crankset, and the Weinmann Carrera brakes (which were actually spec'ed in the catalogs for one of the years).

The front is a Vx. For some reason the Cyclone I intended to use was loose on the ST. Maybe the clamp was deformed. The Vx isn't quite as pretty but is about the same weight (which is insignificant anyway) and works flawlessly.

At the turnaround point I fell in conversation with a woman who said she was going to ride the 5-Boroughs ride next weekend. I asked if she'd ride the urban bike she was on. She said it was the only bike she owned but she'd really like a nice road bike. Then she complimented the Moto and said it looked fast. It was a nice experience on a cold & damp day. (With about 20min to go on my return it started raining. I enjoyed the ride anyway!)