Old 04-28-14, 11:50 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by ovoleg
Thanks for the advice and well wishes guys.

I only took pain meds once, it was after surgery and right before the in-hospital PT. The PT said it'll be easier for me to do the PT if I take some pain meds so I took it. They gave me a perscription and I have the bottle at home but I haven't needed it yet. It never hurts so much that it consumes me. The first week was the worst in terms of sleeping. Sleeping is just horrible flat out....

Being on crutches sucks pretty bad, especially if its going to be 6 months like my surgeon recommended. You don't realize how much you need your hands until you are on crutches.

Want to move the coffee cup from the kitchen to the computer table? lol nope.
Want to carry a grocery bag? lol nope.
Want to carry a notebook without a backpack? lol nope.
Want to hold the door open so you can walk in? lol nope.

I saw an escalator the other day and had to walk like 1/4 mile to the elevator instead. I can walk up and down the stairs no problem(just takes awhile), but I would be nervous as hell on the escalator in case I didn't get off in time.

I am considering getting one of those disabled parking pass things but my pride is telling me no.

The sides of my chest hurt from walking on crutches all over.
Brings back some memories.

I remember going to the hospital, asking the security guard if it was okay for me to park in a handicap stall because I was in crutches. He said no, so I had to park in general, which gave me a kilometer walk. Going to back to the car, in crutches, I remember a car following me for 5 minutes so they could take my spot. No offer for a ride, just following me as closely as they could.

People don't really give you any concessions when on crutches. I expected it because that's what I did, but most people aren't as civil.