Old 04-29-14, 06:34 PM
ModeratedUser01142019a

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Sirrus Elite that I use for commuting and a Roubaix Pro that I use for fun and love both. The Sirrus is a solid all around bike and came with 28 mm tires which I have since swapped out with 25 mm Armadillo's that were donated by a friend. I also swapped out the 11-32 cassette with a 12-23 unit to allow me to maintain a reasonably constant cadence while riding. My Roubaix has a compact double and a 12-27 which works pretty well and the triple with a 26 tooth chain ring up front has worked well getting me pretty much anywhere that I am willing to commute to. Besides that, it only takes like 10 minutes to swap cassettes so the best of both worlds. Regarding the riding position, you can adjust the bike to allow a more aggressive riding position by adjusting the shims on the steering tube or on the stem. I haven't really fiddled with either on this bike, but the option is there. The bike has full fenders front and rear and enough lights to give a blind man a headache. It's not a Roubaix for sure, but it is light enough (~24 lbs) to carry up a flight or two of stairs if needed and can accept front and rear racks, if desired. It's not a racer by any means, rather is a solid fitness or commuting platform.