View Single Post
Old 04-30-14, 04:15 PM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Or it could be that she's doing the best she can on a busy road, and drivers who object to whatever delay she's creating keep complaining and the cops do what they can.

She does have the right to ride in a lane on that road. The issue before the court is whether the impact of her exercise of that right is enough to warrant restricting it. The other issue is whether the citations issued represent legitimate reckless driving or harassment with the intent of making her go away.

If the prosecutor is to be believed that it's about her own safety, who determines whether alternatives are in fact safer, and what would be reasonable in terms of inconvenience?
Fortunately I'm not in the position to make those decisions, and I don't claim to have the answers. I just know I would have found a better solution, and can appreciate the point of view of the the motorists and public officials.