I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by Kybicycle01
I have been commuting 27 Nicholasville road every workday for several years. I have had no conflicts or close calls with motorists. No unusual police attention. The road shoulder is very wide and is only interrupted by a few right full turn lanes at intersections. I have ridden with Ms. Schill and other regular commuters on this road. This is my take on why she is being ticketed and getting complaints. She is (legally) leaving the shoulder and taking the traffic lane forcing the "posted 55 mph traffic" to slow down VERY quickly. Horns and pandemonium is the reaction I have seen happen to this bicyclist. I feel keeping my line position from the shoulder lane into the extra right turn lane is the safest for me. The much fewer cars turning right are already braking and watching for that turn lane. I pick my battles and take my lane rights more in city slower traffic. I can't imagine not riding without a rear viewing mirror for last minute safety decisions.
Thanks for posting your eyes on report about the road conditions and your impressions of the cycling issue.