Old 04-30-14, 08:17 PM
Hermespan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very useful observation smallwheeler, thank you.

Fuming at my stupidity I created a list of emotionally and practically significant negative discoveries in the first day owning this Flamingo. Perhaps they are surmountable with assistance from My Bike Shop in Singapore.

1. Bag does not fit. I can order Vincente from Bangkok (took a close look at one of their samples at Taipei Bike Show - it seemed possibly adequate but I think I could design myself something more suitable).

2. Pick it up by frame and fold falls apart (something new, what is going on?) I can overcome this by picking it up by the wheel but this is neither hygienic nor good for the bike I expect.

3. Last minute handlebar plugs added on by conscientious technician. Should have known then that if they fall out once they could fall out again. Already one is missing. Not a big deal, but not confidence-inspiring when a Mercedes wannabee hood ornament snaps off in the first 14 hours.

4. The reason the plug has been lost is because on the right side of the handlebar it is 3/4 inches of empty foam because of the gear shifter occupying space and thereby pushing out the foam cylinder. No way can it remain secure.

5. Because of the new less acute angle of the stem (courtesy of bigger rolling wheels and rack, plus perhaps a less precise/well-thought out design in the drawing room), the handlebar (if looking straight down) sticks out 1 1/2 inches into outer space

6. Likewise the brake lever sticks out (aesthetically into the stratosphere) 2 1/2 inches.

7. Numbers five and six will make a snug strong fit into any bag a huge challenge. I know, I design luggage and have gone through multiple prototypes of creating organizing systems of leatherette, webbing etc. The tiniest details can foul up what seems like a good idea.

I hope the mechanics can solve this challenges to my satisfaction.