Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by timmythology
Is there a trick to getting a bunch of bananas home with bruising them? I have a front basket, and usually use a timbuk2 bag for groceries. I am just tiered of bruised bananas when I get home.

How do other guys deal with bag checks? Two of the stores I go into requires back packs to be checked, so require me to give them my bag, which of course has my grocery list and wallet. It just gets irritating to have to check my bag, and watch others who don't. Especially when the bags are the same size. For instance my wife will take a bunch of bags, and her big ass purse, but at the same store she is not required to check the bag.

I have avoided the one store, but it is hard to avoid the school store.

Any solutions for my dilemma of bruised bananas?
It sounds to me like you've got two completely separate issues:

1) You're putting your bananas in a place on your bicycle where they are getting bruised. SOLUTION: Handlebar bag

2) You're having to check a bag at the grocery store, which I agree is very annoying. SOLUTION: Fold-up backpack ... and put your grocery list and wallet in your pocket.

These two items (the blue and the purple items) are a duffel bag and a backpack. Both are quite a decent size and both are quite durable. These photos give you some idea of how small they fold down when packed away. You could get one of each. You could carry them into the store and no one would even notice.