View Single Post
Old 05-02-14, 09:30 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4199 Post(s)
Liked 2,914 Times in 1,782 Posts
Originally Posted by tarwheel
Dealing with wet clothes is one of my biggest issues from bike commuting. At my old office, I hung my clothes to dry on a coat rack in my room and they easily dried by the end of the work day. However, my office moved to a new "green" building a couple of years ago, and the powers-that-be determined that we could no longer have coat racks in our rooms for some unexplained reason. I tried hanging my clothes in the shower room, but they were often still damp at the end of the day, so I got permission to hang my clothes in a storage room.

I wasn't aware of any issues until some of the prissies in our office complained about my clothes hanging the storage room, even though very few people ever enter this room and seldom stay in there for more than a couple of minutes. I always hung my clothes in the far corner of the room so they would not be in plain sight when you entered the room or blocking anything. Long story short, the prissies removed my clothes from the storage room and unceremoniously dumped them in my office. When I inquired about what happened, I was told that it "inappropriate" to keep my clothes there, even though our business manager (and the person responsible) had suggested that I use the room in lieu of a coat rack.

So now I am back to square one, hanging my clothes in the shower room. However, my manager has given me permission to put a coat rack in my office, but I will probably have to smuggle it in during a weekend so the green police don't stop me.
Can you sneak in 3-4 3M Command Hooks to hang on the back of your door instead?