Old 05-04-14, 09:07 AM
Pietko

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice, clean JOB !!!

How is the handling of this bike? Can you write down characteristic of steering? (Headtube angle, trail...) You have a HUGE trail(normal and mechanical) which translates also to big wheel flop.

I try to make an semi-low recumbent with headtube of 45 degrees angle. I want to have drive mechanism somewhat similar to that of Thys rowingbike(Rowingbike). I had even build functional model without drive but with changeable headtube angle and changeable trail, to examine steering and stability properties. It seems like 80 mm of trail behaves best. Wheel flop is around 40 mm and because of lower wheel load it is manageable. I'm able to ride on that model even at small speeds, nearly to standstill. I can make curve of about 4m diameter.But there is issue of higher speeds. I can't try speeds higher than about 15-20 km/h. I have read that such high trail(mechanical trail is calculated to be 60mm) will make bike too stable at higher speeds... I tried lower trails... down to zero Scary Can you write me your experiences?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CAM00079.jpg (100.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg
CAM00087.jpg (100.8 KB, 9 views)