Old 05-04-14, 08:10 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3136 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 1,029 Posts
Originally Posted by howeeee
I dont believe its better to ride small than big. In my experience big is better.
Why do you say that? I'm the opposite, providing either is equally comfortable.

A smaller frame affords more fit options to accommodate changing needs, fitness, and goals. Smaller frames weigh less (all else being equal). A smaller frame with good seat post extension allows more vibration damping and bump compliance (if post is selected for those characteristics, esp. Ti and carbon). Smaller frames, in some materials, like steel and Ti, are stiffer and better handling (all else being equal). Smaller frames, with their shorter wheelbases, are more responsive.

Aside from, in the really small sizes, loosing space for water bottles and difficulty shouldering (e.g. cyclocrossing), I can't think of anything to recommend a bigger frame, but I'd be interested to hear your rationale for preferring bigger.