ovoleg
Powered by Borscht

Bikes: Russian Vodka

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
First, there is no "right of way" in racing. This isn't driver's ed. It's racing. If there is room for some one to try to pass you somewhere, expect to get passed, and that includes if you are a foot from the curb. He didn't "suddenly appear". You weren't paying attention. The guy was almost past you when you ran into him. Unless you were wearing some hipster wrap around sunglasses with blinders he was in your periphery for a fair bit.

Second, The line you took sucked monkey balls. If I was a primate expert I would use the specific species of monkey that had the largest balls by weight and volume. Calling it a "line" is being incredibly generous, calling it vague wandering is more accurate. And you were going half speed that allowed people to come flying by you in the first place.

You're not convinced that you were wrong walking out on the freeway because the guy who's car you walked into might have had a beer.

With 40+ years of 2 wheeled racing under my belt I will opine that if you keep riding like that this kind of thing will happen again.

If the clinics didn't teach you how to corner or what a racing line was, pm me when you get back up and running and I will take a couple of hours and show you some things that will help minimize the odds of this happening in the future. I hate to read about people getting hurt when it's avoidable
Will do! Again I appreciate the feedback. If I can learn more, I'm all for it!