Old 05-05-14, 11:35 AM
The B
(retired from forum)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrickards
The only honks, intended for me, I get are from someone in the oncoming lane of a route I take and, since it happens almost every morning, I believe that it is a "Good cycling, buddy!" kind of honk. I wave if I can but I'm not sure what the car looks like (I think a light gray Honda or Nissan) so I'm not looking for it or prepared for it.

What bugs me are the kids (and this has happened only a time or two) who roll down their windows and when they're right beside me (but travelling faster that me so I can't catch them), yell obscenities at the top of their voices at me. Intended to make me jump, and it does, every time.
I can never understand what they're saying, but by the way they tear ass to get away, I suspect it's unfriendly. I have about 20 miles of country road between the town I live in and the one I commute to, and when I get harassing from kids it's usually in the evening when I'm about a mile or two from home town. There's a traffic signal that serves as a gateway into the town, and I've damn near caught up to them at the light before.... just a matter of time, one of these days I will.