Old 05-06-14, 09:00 AM
tiiger
Boots lost in transit

Bikes: 1989 Ritchey Outback, 2014 All-City Macho Man Disc, 2016 Wilier GTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Brooks... slipping forward; how far up should the nose point?

This might be a lame question/observation...

First season on my new Brooks B17. It's getting comfortable (no complaints on "firmness"), but I'm always having to skootch my arse back onto the meat of the saddle. I already have the thing canted upwards; certainly more than I ever have on previous saddles (where "level" has always seemed normal and comfortable).

Canted too far up looks goofy, but if it's right and proper and good, I guess that's fine. (It only looks weird if you're not on it, right?)

So, maybe because Brooks are more "slippery" than other saddles, but, um, is that normal for these? (Yeah, I'm sure it's different for everyone, but share your experiences!)

A couple of comments on these, I've found in my research:

"The saddle must not be too high. This one made a lot of difference for me and not only with the Brooks. I had a tendency to set it up too high... as all the B17 based Brooks commands for the handlebars to be at least at saddle height."

http://www.bikeforums.net/touring/64...ks-saddle.html

I would NEVER have the handlebars at saddle height! That's just wrong. (For me anyway.)

Here's mine. I think the nose might be one more detent upwards since that photo.