DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4334 Post(s)
Liked 2,977 Times in 1,614 Posts
Originally Posted by cthenn
Sorry Mr. Diablo, where is Muir? Is that a picnic area? If so, is that the one on the left kinda just below that area with like 3 or 4 utility poles (about halfway between Juniper and Devils Elbow)? Why are they stopping us lower down the road?

Have you been up there lately? Does the park have signs up yet? I remember last year there were a few barricades set up with some signage explaining details of the logistics. Wonder what time they will close the park this year...

Also, I'm picking Acevedo for the stage, not the overall . Weather looks to be upper 80's, maybe even low 90's (yikes!). I think the Columbian will do better in that kind of heat over the softie Euros
Yes, Muir is the picnic area near the four poles; it's actually a pretty big loop of road back there leading to several picnic sites and some neat views. I can only guess that last year they either had some kind of problem with bike parking at Devil's Elbow or else they wanted fewer people on the Summit Wall and figured this would spread things out more.

They have similar signs to last year - with directions on where parking would be allowed, what time the race is estimated to arrive, etc. No barricades or anything like that.

Too bad about Konig... OK, Chad Haga then.