Thread: Hot r Not
View Single Post
Old 05-07-14, 12:10 AM
Niloc

Bikes: 80s Rodriguez handmade lugged steel road, 1996 Bianchi Reparto Corse cyclocross, 1982 Cyclepro mountain bike, Xtracycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
Dogma has no place in this thread. I'm just making sure that's a known fact. All the silly rules are just that - silly! You might have a different opinion, but no big deal, everybody has an opinion . . . that's why they're only worth 2 cents.

And to quote the velomanati like it's a serious thing??? It's a joke! It's satire! It's internet humor!
Well I think my opinion would be the majority opinion if polled. Hmmm should we do that? I notice you didn't answer my question.

OK look you've got a nice bike, you've got the hubris to post it on a Hot r Not thread, so you're hoping for comments and they'll probably mostly be complimentary, but perhaps not all. Ok so I don't think showcasing your steed with the chain on the small ring and the derailleur all folded up looks so hot. You're taking the trouble to photograph your steed and post it online and you're wanting your baby to look it's best, so clean it up, sort it out, remove bags and bidons and yes put the chain in the manly big ring, let the derailleur be seen cage down in all it's glory, and line up the cranks smartly. Go back and look at the pic of that bike, it looks to me like the chain is on the second to smallest cog, which is pretty cross chained, and perhaps a gear it should never be in period. I assume you're with me on the never ever put the chain on the small ring / small cog or big ring / large cog combos. Are we straying from opinion to fact?

OK so it's my opinion. As bianchi10 (King Hoternot) points out - duh. Isn't that what's being solicited on a Hot r Not thread - opinions? I don't need to state "in my opinion" nor do I need you to add "in my opinions" all over my post.

And yes the Velominati are entertainment, although I'm not sure how tongue-in-cheek they really are at heart, I think they do take their rules semi-seriously (and there's at least a grain of truth in most of The Rules - even if exaggerated for comic effect).