Old 05-07-14, 10:15 AM
FrankSWood

Bikes: TerraTrike Tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New member from northern Virginia

I ride a TerraTrike Tour I purchased in 2008. I am partially paralyzed from a spinal cord injury and use the trike around northern Virginia, especially on the Mount Vernon bike trail that is immediately in front of my home. I'm just beginning to ride several times a week at 10-15 miles/trip and would like to step up to longer overnights.

Because I'm partially paralyzed my right dorsiflexor doesn't allow me to push hard with my toes and my heel often hits the pavement when my leg tires. I am already using Shimano clips in the bottom most position - does anyone know of a show that would allow me to move the clips more toward the middle of my foot rather than on the upper ball of my foot?

Also, there is no chain guard on the TerraTrike and the inside of my right calf is often black with grease when I've finished my ride. Any thoughts on a chain guard/calf protection?

I've loved the TerraTrike because of what it's allowed me to do. But I'm also thinking of trading/buying up - any thoughts from those of you who use trikes?

Thanks!
Frank