Thread: Sad day!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-05, 05:39 PM
jimshapiro
Jim Shapiro

Bikes: Bianchi Imola (road), Bianchi Axis (general), Centurion Elite RS (fixed gear), Centurion Elite GS (lunch rides at work), Miyata (work in progress), Trek 7000 (mountain biking)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Okay, it is snowing like a demon outside. Heavy and wet. Have already lost one tree branch, and the neighbor lost an entire tree. Been out there shaking those limbs.

But, wife is pretty laid up today and we must make an emergency run to the MD's.

Now to the sad part!

I have just moved my "utility" bike down to the basement, and set it on my trainer.

Have a flat front tire, and will need to patch the tube before riding inside today.

Hate to see the summer season disappear!

But, it may be back this weekend.
I live just down the road in Boulder and I have to tell you I look forward to fall, if not winter. Fewer riders on the paths, less sweating, and crisp, cool air. I avoid any days when there's moisture on the ground (summer and winter both for this one), but I never let the temperature become a factor in whether or not I ride. Rode today with my son, but it was already 48 degrees Fahrenheit by noon, when we started.

Jim