evrythngsgngrn
. . .

Bikes: '96 Wheeler 7980, 2013 SuperSix-4, 2013 Felt F75X, 2015 Apollo Giro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hip flexor pain and saddle height?

I'm finding with my current setup that I'm getting some hip flexor pain after longer rides. The last two 90+km rides I've done have resulted in some pain lifting my left leg after getting off the bike. I didn't notice this on ~60km rides but maybe I hadn't stressed it enough.

I'm wondering if there is a direct relationship between pain or over-use in this area of the leg with saddle height? Any recommendations for up vs. down? I have had a fit done, and have needed to make some adjustments with input from my fitter after the fact due to trying to work on not pointing my toes as much in my pedal stroke to being able to drop my heel more. So I had moved my saddle down to accomplish this, but hadn't had a reference ride when it was higher to compare except for short roller rides.

I don't experience any pain while on the ride, and both rides where this has been a problem have been cold and wet (if that is a factor), it just starts after I cool down and get off the bike, and lasts for a day or so of pain while lifting my leg. Also no pain in the right side. I was measured as having a leg length discrepancy with my left leg.

I will be discussing this with my fitter as well, but thought I'd see if anyone has recommendations for up/down that I can try, if one way makes more sense than the other. I do have a similar 95km ride coming up on the weekend and if I can make an adjustment and see how it feels beforehand, that would be preferred.

Thanks.

Last edited by evrythngsgngrn; 05-08-14 at 09:21 AM.