Old 10-11-05, 08:35 PM
djembob02

Bikes: Cannondale Road Tandem, Rodbikes Belt Drive Fixed Gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Day 2
Jamie and I went 8 miles up and down some pretty major hills. I couldn’t believe how fast she was pedaling. Maneuvering the bike was no problem. Top speed 35 mph, average 13 mph

Day 3
All 3 of us went to the coffee shop (5 miles each way) and back. The ride went pretty good, but Mom was very sore when we got back, she usually only rides about 5 miles 1 or 2 times a week. Jamie complained of her arms hurting. I’m pretty sure that this is because she is locking her arms. I tried to get her to loosen up but she doesn’t want to. The ride is definitely harder with Mom on board and the balancing is also more challenging, especially when traveling slowly. We then dropped off Mom and rode for another 2 miles. Jamie keeps standing up (something she has seen me do on my single), but we really don’t want her standing just whenever she wants. So I instructed her to only stand when I stand. I was real hesitant to do this after reading about how difficult it can be to stand on a tandem…Well it was no problem, I have learned to stand without leaning while I’ve had Jamie in the child seat. We took on a couple big hills in higher gears (standing up). She loved it and I could feel her pushing us up. I think this will help get our average speed up and hopefully it will satisfy her.

We’ll see how tomorrow goes, Jamie wants to do our weekly group ride of 35 miles. I have a feeling her butt won’t last that long but you never know. I also don’t know if we will be able to keep up with their 15 mph average.