Bikes: Veloforma for my primary.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
This is just my 2 cents
When have you ever given just 2 cents

I like power and I use power first, the rest second, works for me. Speed fails because of wind/surface/setup/road elevation etc, cadence fails because I suck there and am too lazy to fix it ... yet. Times fail, because I have no coach timing my sessions. Too many variables to accurately measure anything by with all that. Also I don't have enough track data to make any numbers there useful, so my power meter files from the road are all I have to analyze after the fact. And no I never look at my power meter during an effort and say too much, but I do look at my opponent and the distance needed to get to the line and have backed off the power many times to "pretend" to fail and get them in the wind earlier. I also use my HR to indicate how well I am handling my efforts and how my body responds to stimulus.

I have come to the conclusion that my 2000 watt days will never return, although I will take my 30 second numbers to the bank any day. They just are not as sexy sounding as 2k, but I am a power guy and I should be able to solve my issues via power. I have ran into other coaches that don't use power, and they are really good and have athletes that beat me all the time, so I am sure both ways work.

Maybe we disagree on more than one thing, but I think in general we both want to get to the line faster and are willing to work at it until we can.