Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
There are many unanswered questions. Why is the moon so beautiful? Why do idiopathic cramps respond to different treatments? Why are my wife's leg cramps much better if she sleeps with a bar of soap in the bed? Why does rubbing a cramp with soap make it go away? Why can she lie in bed reading for an hour just fine and then cramp as soon as I come to bed?

I'm sure you are familiar with the literature. Med tent investigations and randomized controlled trials have shown no correlation between cramps and the things I mentioned. My current thinking is that idiopathic lower extremity cramps may have something to do with circulation or spinal positioning. Or maybe your feet sweat more when you are well hydrated and there's a cooling effect with sweaty feet. I doubt that a one hour ride is long enough to cause clinically noticeable dehydration. Who knows?
To clarify, I meant that if I did not drink enough during the day, and then went for a 1-hour ride in the evening without my bottle ... my feet cramp.