View Single Post
Old 05-10-14, 10:55 AM
Jseis 
Other Worldly Member

Bikes: 1973 Motobecane Grand Jubilee, 1981 Centurion Super LeMans, 2010 Gary Fisher Wahoo, 2003 Colnago Dream Lux, 2014 Giant Defy 1, 2015 Framed Bikes Minnesota 3.0, several older family Treks

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 53 Posts
I crashed hard two months before a double century and still rode it. However, I did take 3 weeks off the bike as I pulled a groin muscle, bashed my right hip, and bruised 3 ribs. The ribs hurt bad, hip & groin were tolerable though ribs caused me to see my doc immediately and while they weren't broken, he was more concerned about my hip which was (fortunately) not injured though badly bruised. The road rash on my arm and shoulder healed fast but the skin covering the knee is still healing slowly (scar tissue) a year later. Being 59 Y.O. doesn't help. In retrospect I was very very lucky that I didn't damage my hip. I strongly recommend X-rays if your older and/or the crash smacks a bone/joint hard. Both my riding partner & ex euro domestique buddy told me that my excellent conditioning probably spared worse injury.