Old 05-11-14, 10:14 AM
haz_bikes

Bikes: Bridgestone (s), Nishiki, Eroba, Miyata, KHS, tooo many schwinns some tandems....@ 17 bikes the wife says im crazy (crazy no...fanatical....maybe)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a buddy teach me a lesson i'll never forget...again...

So my wife & I are lucky to live 5 mins (on bike) from the santa ana river bed (imperial woods trail here in oc), and some of our favorite local spots are located right off of it (coincidence...maybe). So as a standard thursday night usually goes, the wife and I hopped on the tandem, fired up the copious lighting, and headed out to my buddy's bar (standard gathering for our local army). As i'm pulling up to our establishment, I see the normal characters and 1 thing out of place......a giant stone ash tray in the way of us locking up to the bench that i always park on. I don't know what came over me, but in sheer laziness & i believe the first time since my father played the same prank on me as a child. so I locked up to the front wheel and muttered to myself that I was being a lazy a-hole, but reassured myself "hey i know 95% of the people here and I'm very close with the management, everyone knows it's our bike...."

so a pale faced friend walks in, says he has something to show me.....and sure enough its my big fat slick, ditchwitch & kris king hub just sitting there sad & alone. My heart drops, all i could say was "i f*****g knew it". We go in, i tell the wife, she starts to water a little, and my buddy just dies "it's gone too far! i have your bike!!!". I begin choking him with joy, and we go and recover my ride from his bike rack (still can't believe he got the heavy old girl to balance on it!)

so with my coffee this morning, and my favorite morning read (gizmodo.com) I came across this How to Get Your Bike Back After It's Been Stolen and decided it was worth sharing. so very funny nick......you'll get yours.....

Happy Mother's day to mine and all the other moms!

https://fbcdn-vthumb-a.akamaihd.net/...851_2409_t.jpg