Old 05-13-14, 03:24 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bulevardi
There could be a bigger plan. But I'm still drawing the path, aligning, cutting and pasting the pieces of ideas together of my plan.

I need to get rid of the capitalistic economy or wrong political society where I live in.
I need to get further than that, post-capitalistic, some call it peer2peer economy.

There are lots of things going on in our society, done by the people for the people. Not by politicians.
People are protesting, think about occupy, indignado's, ... starting at the financial crisis and Arabic spring few years ago.
People get together on Social Media, making a group behind an idea to get things changed, because politics don't work.

Then there are stuff like couchsurfing, the fairphone, repaircafé's, crowdfunding, ... all stuff for a better world, without making profit. Just get break-even to cover the costs, with durable goods and honest reasonable salaries.

We need to get things done locally, in commons.
For example: in a street with a lot of houses with gardens, everyone seems to need his own lawnmower, to just use it once in two weeks. While there can be one lawnmower to share for all the citizens in that street.
Same for cars: if I look outside, I see lots of cars parked, they can be shared, car-pooling. No need to produce new cars for the next x years if everyone shares cars with family or friends, or if the community makes a good planning for sharing cars.
I try to grow my own vegetables in my garden and buy stuff from the local farmers instead of the supermarket. I don't understand a food chain for food that is produced locally; with tons of unnecessary packaging.

Another thing I'm stepping into is Open Source.
What Adobe is doing made me so angry, the way they abuse their clients. I now changed to Gimp. There is even freeware for processing RAW photo files.
I got my 'actions' converted to decent macro's in Gimp.
Microsoft > Linux. I switch in the near future, when I have converted my Excel macro's to OpenOffice macro's, my switch will be easy.
Even recording guitar with open source freeware works fine to compose music.
What stops people and companies to stay with expensive software when there's free alternatives.

Of course I can do more, maybe in the future. Think about books > e-books; beefeater > veggie; etc...
Still working on ideas; keep things coming. Thanks for all the reading ;-)
Very interesting. I like the way you have integrated so many ideas and actions into one philosophy. You walk the walk a lot better than I do.

Clearly, centralized big-market corporate capitalism is not up to solving the problems that humanity faces. Our leaders aren't providing any useful innovations, so I guess it's up to the people to work something out. I think carfree living is a big part of that.

"Think Outside the Cage"