View Single Post
Old 05-13-14, 08:19 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
No mod has said anything about slavery of being forced to accept the duties, no compensation means just that, no pay or special treatment, access, etc. It is simply that some want to help out with having the site. All the complaints aside, without moderators or administrators this place wouldn't be more than chaos, no organization of the forums or help when things go wrong. Think what you will about moderators or administrators, I know from experience all the crap you take in the position, very well. Yes, a moderator can walk at any time, many have over the years. I resigned a senior moderator position at a dirt bike BB, I helped to found, after many years because the crap and hard time participants can give you. I was asked to be a moderator here last year, I politely declined because of what I see in replies like the above. No thanks, too many have a warped sense of how this place would be if it was not moderated or controlled, dream on...

Bill
You misunderstand sir. It wasn't the duties or the difficulty of the duties that motivated my post. I understand being a moderator in any environment, web or real life, is a challenge. I have done similar jobs over the years and have a keen understanding of what is involved.

When a person, like in this case with SBW, pleads for sympathy due to "abuse" reality needs to step in. . It is when SBW claims some special privilege and empathy for being a volunteer that motivates my post. If, in fact SBW is not compensated in any way, not just money, and chooses to contribute to the profits of the owners of this site that is SBW's decision. But don't complain or seek some kind of pseudo-sainthood for it. If SBW, or anyone else, doesn't want to do the job, or is unhappy, or feels put upon, they should do what you did; exit and refuse to do it again.

Those kinds of whining excuse statements have become fairly routine recently. When questions are raised about the compensation and their relationship silence reigns. Even if paid employees, which in the main we assume they are, they have every right to leave a noxious environment and go elsewhere. People do it every day.

I also understand BF is not the same collegial place it was when you and a few others met online. Now it is a business, nothing more and nothing less. Still I appreciate it being here and am willing to trade my participation for their income and their paying the bills and making a good profit of mine and other's participation.