View Single Post
Old 05-14-14, 06:53 AM
DackRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Too many choices!

Mountains, and Roadies, and Dualies, OH My!

Well one thing is for certain. There is no shortage of bike options out there. Kind of like the toothpaste isle at Walgreens.

I thought I had a pretty good idea what I wanted. But the short amount of time I have been researching shows me there may be better options. Then there is the Time/Money conundrum.

When I have a lot of money, I don't have a lot of time. And vice versa.
Right now I have a lot of time.

I will be going to some bike shops tomorrow. And while I am chomping at the bit to get started.
I know it will be wiser to take my time.

On the other hand, there is a used but in new condition Wahoo 29er about a half hour from me at a reasonable price. I may just grab that and see if the biking plan sticks.

For myself, I am mid fifties, 5'7" 250lbs, been pretty active my whole life, and still walk a fair bit. Have state trails/roads right out the end of my driveway. Wobbling back and forth between 29ers, dualsports, and cyclocross bikes. The cyclo has a slight advantave in my mind right now as it opens up the road side a bit more. But the ability to travel and carry gear is appealing as well. Really like the looks of that Ogre! Riding from campsite to campsite up here would be a blast.

But tomorrow should help steer me a bit.