Old 05-14-14, 09:32 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by theblackbullet
Finally racing my way into shape. Last night was pursuit night at the DLV and I decided to ride aero bars for the first time ever. Surprisingly wasn't too bad! First attempt at the 1000m I pulled a wheel then unclipped and went over the bars. I got to line up for a second attempt at the end and ended up taking 4 seconds off of my previous (slow) PR even with what I felt was a horrible run. haha

Next was the 4000m pursuit. I went into the first kilo relaxed, upped the pace a little for the second kilo, held the pace for the third, felt too good going into the final three laps and upped the pace a good bit. I ended up dropping 17 seconds from my previous PR for that one.

Congrats!

I'd suggest practicing starts in aerobars where you start, then get up to speed, then get into the bars, then shut down. That should take most of a lap of DLV. That will get you used to the start and transitions to seated and to the bars.

Also do full speed flying laps with a flying 200M type windup then transition into the aerobars as you dive down to get used to using them at high speeds.

Originally Posted by theblackbullet
Last event was a team sprint. All three of us were toasted from the 4k, but we're on a mission to take the track record for this one. Smoothed out our start from last month and dropped 3 seconds from that attempt. Still 2 seconds off of the record, but we are going to change the order a little bit next time around. There's a lot of smoothing out to do, so there is still plenty of time to drop.
D:

Whoa, whoa, whoa....don't get carried away now. That Team Sprint Track Record is fine JUST the way it is

Seriously. You guys shouldn't even try for that one.

Last edited by carleton; 05-14-14 at 09:41 PM.