TheRealBobCat

Bikes: 2014 Motobecane Mirage S;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SamoSamo
Hey guys,

First time poster here. I'm sure you get this constantly (actually, I'd bet on it), but here goes:

I live in NYC and currently ride a Motobecane track bike. It's been pretty good to me for what it is (not saying I can compare it to much since this was my first fixed gear bike). However, I'm getting that itch to get something new. Originally, I just wanted to get new rims for it, but the rims are nearly as much (if not AS much) as the bike itself, so it makes more sense to just sell it and buy something else.

The highest I can go at this point would be around $500--I know, I know: #KiloTT-- but I just want to ask if anyone has had any experience with a custom Strada (MSC Customs | Bike Out Loud). Logos on bikes kind of irk me for some reason, so I like a clean look. I'm also a big fan of solid color rims.

Looks wise, I LOVE the BAMF Assasin, but I understand the frame is very sub par and it's not great for a city bike (carrying it up and down lots of stairs). I'd like to possibly get something that has a similar aesthetic. I was thinking of going black Kilo TT and adding more black parts over time. Another option would be to do the same with the Fuji Feather.

Any suggestions/advice/whatever would be helpful. While I love riding, I wouldn't say I'm bike obsessed. I do, however, appreciate NOT having a crap bike.

Thanks a lot for your time.

p.s.

also, looking into this: Aventon Mataro Fixed Gear Track Bike
Can anyone clue me in on the Fixie fixation; I am an avid rider; I encounter hills all over and need some gears to get around or else push the bike!
I went to BD for my bike after a horrible encounter with the 1 and only bike shop in town! I bought a hybrid of the previous year so it would be less expensive but I wasn't sized for it and was touching the top tube with my crotch ( I think they could have sold me the smaller frame and just changed the seat post (of course I'd buy the longer seat post) Anyway, I was tired of riding upright and most of the riding I do is road; Any LBS in a 50 mile radius were charging over $650 for an entry level road bike; long story short; sold the hybrid and with that money I bought a Motobecane Mirage S from BD; I had researched sizing a bike from ebicycles site and others so I am very happy with my final choice except now after riding 200+ miles I think I may need a different cassette; currently it's a 12-28 & I think either a 11-19 or a 11-24 is what I could use.