Old 05-19-14, 12:03 PM
magnus1225

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specialized Tricross questions

Hello,

I've been researching buying a new bike for some time now, and am pretty set on the Specialized Tricross.

I live in NYC and bike everywhere. Aside from my love/hate relationship with city biking, I do enjoy taking a trip outside the city for some country biking (non-gravel roads). I will be putting a Topeak rack on this bike, and am still deciding whether to add fenders. Thoughts for this bike?

My main question deals with the components. Looking at the top three current 2014 models.

Specialized Bicycle Components

Comp Disc - SRAM Apex
Elite Disc - Shimano Tiagra
Sport Disc - Shimano Sora

After visiting with a LBS, I was told the Elite would be a good choice since Tiagra has just been updated. I've heard the 105 will be updating in 2015, and from what I've read people are really looking forward to the improvements. So my main question is, do I wait for the 2015 Tricross model in hopes that Specialized uses the new 105? I can obviously see they didn't use 105 on any of the models this year but checking their archives, past bikes have. Another big question, if the 2015 models don't come with 105, could I buy the bike with whatever stock components, then upgrade to 105, and sell the stock parts? I guess I should ask, if I buy a bike now, could I do the same upgrade come 2015? These questions may seem silly, but this will be my first brand new bike purchase and I obviously want it to last for a very long time and I'm trying to cover all the questions that come up.

Thanks,
Nathan