Old 05-19-14, 12:51 PM
WonderMonkey

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by ill.clyde
I've been meaning to ask this here, but never have so I was glad to see you post something.

I've abandoned lower "lifting" as well for riding season, and was wondering if the rest of you guys do too.

I've been doing a 3X10, three times a week, alternating between two workouts, since around February. Been thinking about shaking it up a little.

Not sure I want to do the 5X5 until cycling season is over, but I might drop my reps a little and increase the weight. I usually lift after work, ideally before I bike commute home.
The only lower "lifting" I do now is for hamstrings. I am trying to focus on engaging them during rides but I still have an imbalance. My quads are growing faster than the hammys. I've not become aggressive on this yet but I will as I get more consistent on my commutes, which depend on the weather. My goal is to ride into work and then do a few sets of lunges or other hamstring focuses exercise. Then on my rides home I'll again try to do a balanced spin.

I'll only do the above as my fitness can handle it. Right now I am on a "ride home one day, ride back in the next, can't do either for several days" so I'm not in shape enough to really push it.

Ideally I'll be able to ride in and/or back a total of six legs (work 2 home or home 2 work is one leg) three days a week and use my lunches for resistance exercise.