Old 05-19-14, 01:09 PM
dstrong 

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Roubaix dilemma...

I'm fortunate to be able to look for a new-to-me (or maybe new) bike. I did test rides over the last 4 weeks including the C'dale Synapse, Trek Domane, Ridley Fenix and Cervelo R3. All right in my price range for the 105 builds (except the Ridley, which is Ultegra).

This weekend I rode a Roubaix Expert and fell in love. I've coveted Roubaixs for a long time and everything I hoped for was in the ride. Turns out I can get a screaming deal on one but I'll be spending a bit more than I was planning.

Here's my dilemma...

Now that I've settled on a Roubaix, I've been looking over the used market. I looks like I can pick up a 2-3 year old in the same carbon level as the Expert I rode and save substantial money. THEN...I can buy the Ultegra 6800 groupset, a new set of wheels and transfer everything off the used Roubaix onto my other steel bike for a complete upgrade, while upgrading the Roubaix frameset to the latest groupset.

I know I won't have the frame warranty but I'll get the complete update of my current bike and spend about the same amount of money as buying new.

If I buy the 2014 Roubaix, my other bike remains the mutt that it is for at least another year.

Oh, what to do.

2014 Specialized Roubaix2003 Interloc Impala2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)