Old 05-19-14, 08:51 PM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ovoleg
Thanks for sharing! I am taking it easy on the trainer right now, today is exactly 3 weeks. I spin for about 20mins applying just enough pressure to turn the cranks in the lowest gear I have which is 39/28, it comes out to about 5-7 mph. Just doing it to keep the legs moving and get the circulation going. I asked the doc and he was cool with it. He's definitely on the cautious side. I'm going to be seeing another doc in a few weeks to get a 2nd opinion and some input as well. When I called another office they told me to see the surgeon who performed the surgery, not sure why, but they wouldn't see me...
ovoleg...no updates from you in the past 2 weeks. how are you doing?

tomorrow is 3 weeks for me. i woke up today and was walking for a while without a limp. it was shocking because i had a tough weekend (was just constantly tired...guess bone growth takes some energy). i've been walking (with a ski pole or crutch) 2 miles a day and cycling, on top of the core work.

did the same workout 3 times in the last 8 days -- 40" on and 20" off for an hour -- and each one was 20W harder than the last. the 40" is upper threshold/vo2.

something in recovery is working. the most painful things for me now are my knee, shin and ankle. it's not much of a surprise as my gait has changed. being on the bike feels better than anything else.

hope you are coming along and hope that you are able to use all the tools available to assist in your recovery. i'm rooting for you.