Old 05-20-14, 11:49 AM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
The point of any bike race is racing. I'm not staying in the 5's to win, I just don't see the logic in racing a lot solely to get to a new division. I consider myself a bonafide 5 and not some guy that is just passing on. You could watch one of my videos and see my mediocre power. The past two races my bike handling skills have went up, but that's more from my coach and team weekday training crits. Being in the outskirts of Los Angeles most races are 1+ hour drive away, and I prefer to just do the local series.

I don't know how many of you guys have actually been in the 5's but no one treats it any differently than the other races. There's no special instructions, no one keeps an eye on the field, its just a race.
CDR has power that is worse at times than many cat 5's but he tends to do pretty well in 3/3-4 races. Why? Because he knows how to race. You don't get that by dabbling at racing and staying in a field where there's little to no potential for organization since the good people go forth. The 5's are an intro category. Do your 10 races and gtfo.