View Single Post
Old 05-21-14, 08:45 PM
Kewalk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay- sorry my first post. Looking to stopping kicking my own butt, get off my Specialized Crosstrail Sport and onto a proper road bike. After working my way up to 20+ mile rides. It's time. I want to avoid the "what do I buy" troll. At the end of the day ... Local, used and less than a grand are good no matter what the name. This post came up recently and I like the look and feel of the CAADs. The pics show a bike in good shape but I suck at judging value. Here's the write up:

"For sale is a 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 with 2013 Shimano 105 5700 Shifters, FD, and RD, FSA Brakes, and a Sram Force Crank. The wheels are 2012 Bontrager Race with Continental 4000S tires. Bike size is 54cm. Crank arm length is 175mm with 53/39 chain rings. The bike, components, and wheels are in great shape with little to no wear. The components were bought over the last winter and haven't even seen the road. Shimano 105 pedals and Bontrager RL saddle are included with this bike. Basically it's ready to ride, train, and race. I also have a Cycle Ops Mag trainer and some tires and tubes. Tubes are new in box and tires are a set of Michelin Pro 3 grip and a set or two of Continental 4000S. All in very good shape and ready to go home with a new owner."

i was hoping to talk the guy into 800. Not sure that is an insult. I've asked him about the other stuff- available or included in the price...I assume it is avail for additional $.

what do you guys think?

thanks-