View Single Post
Old 05-21-14, 09:31 PM
sbs z31

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brianipmh
Just as an update if anyone still cares, after taking a week off due to competitions (non-cycling related high school stuff) and getting toe clips, I can finally sustain at 17mph with no headwind. I'm really grateful for all the help and will continue training during this summer. Hopefully I'll become fast enough to join a cycling club in college and compete
That's awesome man, you're starting out so it'll take some time. This is my third year cycling and first year racing. When I first started cycling I was only averaging 13mph on my 8mi commute. Fast forward 3mos and I was doing 16mph. By the end of the season I was seeing 17-18mph average speed. I rode through out my first year of winter cycling and felt great so the following year I was averaging 18-19mph comfortably. This year I'm racing time trial and track racing but my current average right now is in the high 20mph and I'm hoping to increase that by 1mph by the end of the season. Keep in mind that all this was done on fixed gear bikes and finding out your weaknesses is very important to progress. You are doing good so far so keep at it!