View Single Post
Old 10-12-05, 10:04 PM
grahny
hobo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just got my xo1 (2006 model) about a month ago or so and have put a couple hundred miles on it to date. I ride mtb trails, gravel paths and road, all in one ride and it kicks ass!!! I found the xo1 to be the best 'out of the box' deal, so to say. All components on the 2006 are a shimano 105 and bontrager select/race mix... I don't race cyclocross but have been kicking the crap out of the bike and it's holding up just fine... very fast off road too. I love it and couldn't have made a better decision. If it got stolen or I launched it off a cliff I'd go right out and by another one without even thinking twice. I test rode the Cannondale cyclocross w/ disc brakes and found it to be very uncomfortable on the road. The only thing I would like to see changed would be the avid shorty 4's upgraded to something a little better... basically they get the job done (the bike stops), but I feel like they're a little soft, even after adjusting the tension and whatnot. Maybe after the cables stretch they'll settle in, but we'll see (brakes could be upgraded on the stock is what I'm saying... it is a $1200 bike). Back to the xo1... the frame is strong and comfortable to ride. I put 48 miles of road wear on it the 2nd day I took it out... outstanding ride. Next I put 36 miles of all trail and gravel paths on it - this bike loves the woods! Everything about the xo1 itself is top notch for anyone into cyclocross or just wants a really tough, go anywhere bike. The biggest plus... It's fun to ride!! Isn't that what it's all about anyway?! (and no I don't work for Trek... I'm just an extremely satisfied consumer )

-Steve

Last edited by grahny; 10-12-05 at 10:12 PM.