Old 05-23-14, 03:11 PM
JakiChan

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black wallnut
Bottom line is I don't think you are riding too much based on your Strava data. If anything you might not be riding enough. When was the last time you updated your profile data on MFP? Are you not eating enough and putting yourself in starvation mode? Maybe play around with your diet and eat differently, rather than meal replacements eat cooked from scratch meals with lots of fat and protein and few carbs? Something does not add up. Perhaps talk to a professional nutritionist or Dr.?
I don't have time for more than one long ride a week. Over the last 4 week's I've averaged about 120 miles a week, or almost 9 hours on the bike a week. And that's not including the non-riding exercise like elliptical, physical therapy, and strength training that ads about another 5 hours a week. If an average of 2 hours of exercise a day isn't enough then I don't know what to do. All I know is that when I don't have long rides and when my exercise is less I lose weight. When I'm doing these long rides and building strength for an event I don't.