Old 05-25-14, 12:03 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5763 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,404 Posts
Originally Posted by kickstart
Wasn't the parking lot actually posted and marked as the bike route before they put in the walkway?
Whether it was marked as a bike route or not, I'm sure it was a popular choice. Lot hopping (as I call it) is a very common way of riding parallel to a busy road.

I wonder at the city's intent for this bicycle path. If intended as a thru route, it seems a poor choice. But it might be intended as a service route so give bicyclist better access to the stores and waterfront. Or it might be intended to bring some order to what is now a chaotic pattern with lot hoppers, drivers backing out of parking spaces, and pedestrians crossing back and froth to their cars.

Just as all streets aren't highways, I don't have a problem with bike paths that aren't optimized for thru traffic. **** As long as there's no must use mandate****

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.