Old 05-25-14, 09:54 PM
Ekdog

Bikes: Brompton M6R, mountain bikes, Circe Omnis+ tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jade408
This weekend I swapped my front basket for a wooden crate. I went cheap and both were Marshall's finds attached via bungees in the case of the basket and zip ties in the case of the crate on my front rack.

I have been striving for car-ligh weekends since I got my bike, since biking to work isn't ideal for me.

But I am picky. I don't like backpacks. And I want to use my "regular" purse so a basket was one of the first things I got after trying to use my rear rack for my purse. (It fell and wasn't very stable). I also have a pannier like basket, but I felt a little weird with my purse behind me.

But it doesn't matter where you attach your basket it makes it way easier to do errands in your bike without having to think much about grabbing a few things on the way home. Today after the movies I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a few bargain items. All easy to throw into my reusable bag and my crate. Yesterday I stopped at the library to pick up a book.

What kind of basket do you use?
I agree! Baskets are cool. I have a big wicker one for my Brompton that I use for shopping.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2013-10-11 10.55.54.jpg (38.9 KB, 100 views)