View Single Post
Old 05-26-14, 11:36 AM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It was nice this morning. My legs were well rested and the rain let up.

I had a close call with a pedestrian though. A short lady came out from between two cars and did not look my way. I swerved to go behind her, but she heard my brake squeal and stopped with a back step right in my way. I stopped okay and gave her a curt look both ways and don't stop in the middle of the road. I biked by a few bike to work week stations. One station was giving massages, I hope they are there on the way home!

My bike is being serviced by a mobile crew right now. He comfirmed my thought my rims are shot. Try to build them on my own or get them built. The prediciment. I am mechanically inclined, have a great attention to detail and can keep my attention on the task. Therefore I can do it, it will take me longer than I want to have my bike down and I will want to have them checked out after. Or just pay.

Anyone have suggestions? I am good with details and my attention. Is wheel building as bad once you get started?