Old 05-28-14, 09:09 AM
GHill762

Bikes: Trek 820 - starter bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Illinois

Hi, my name is Garrett, I'm from midwest Illinois and I just bought myself a new bike. I always loved to ride as a kid, then got a car, you know how that goes. About 4 years ago got back into riding (rode a borrowed bike for a few months) and finally went to walmart and bought a mongoose full suspension bike.. that bike was pretty awesome, until I bent a rim on my first ride (and all I did was get on the brakes ), then I didn't ride again for a couple years (bought a motorcycle in stead). Fast forward to this past weekend and I decided to go bike shopping, got myself my first "real" bike as they say, picked up a trek 820 for a starter, I know I'm going to want a road bike at some point but for now this 820 will fill all my needs. I have multiple expensive hobbies to support so don't have a huge bike budget, but eventually I'll upgrade.. I really want to get into riding, I love to run but the last few years I've been getting killer shin splints, so low impact will be much better for me.

anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.. lots of good looking bikes on here and it seems to be a pretty helpful forum.

Garrett