Old 05-29-14, 04:29 AM
bmontgomery87

Bikes: 2013 leader 721. 2015 leader 725. 2012 fuji feather

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
Hasn't ALL human food been genetically modified over the centuries? (the answer is YES) Finding faster methods... and slapping a patent on the seed stock.. may make people wonder about a legal system that allows everyone to sue everyone else. But food remains food.

That's kind of like comparing natural selection to growing a baby in a petri dish.
Yes, people have selected plants that grow well in their climates, created hybrids, kept heirloom seeds, etc for years and years. That's far different from modifying a plant to be resistant to poison so a company can convince people that they should cover their fields in Roundup.

I'm not saying that all GMO food will kill you and it's inherently evil. I'm saying that I won't spend my money, which I think is a vote of support, on anything GMO because it is helping perpetuate the problem.

Farmers can grow without herbicide and without GMO seeds.

I think the simple fact that most other countries don't allow it should be enough to say that we're doing something wrong here in the states. Monsanto owns a lot of politicians here.