Old 05-29-14, 08:20 PM
JakiChan

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sstorkel
That's the same target I'm using! But I'm almost 100lbs lighter than you: 168lbs at the moment. Given the difference in our weights, I'm surprised that we'd both be using a similar calorie budget...
It's an idea number based on the non-supervised calorie levels in the diet program I am on. On the medically-supervised program it's 3 shakes and 2 entrees a day, which gives you about 800 - 1200 cals. Add in 5 servings of fruits/veggies and you get a 1200-1500 cal range. I put it on the high end of that range. I'm reluctant to take it higher because of the goal is to deficit then obviously if I can handle 1500 calories a day then great. However, with the amount of riding I have been doing it tends up being higher on riding days - and it's hard to stay to that on non-riding days because I get hungry. That's why my plan at the moment is to make the exercise more consistent so that I I'm not

But when I leave on Sunday to start ALC I won't be trying to hit that. I'll be riding 50+ miles a day for a week (545 miles in 7 days) so clearly I'll need more than 1500 calories a day for that. In fact, when on ALC I tend to just throw my diet out the window...