Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikedued
Do people have the same love for Shimano rapid demise(rise) derailleurs? It made sense on a mtb for sure. I would rather not be stuck out on a trail with a malfunctioning mtb at all, but if I was, I would like for it to default to the big ring in back. It was a little too late in the game to switch tactics though, apparently. They lasted about as long as the "brifter" shifters on mtb's. I had to test ride one of those after a recable, and putting your fingers UNDER the brake lever on a mtb was counterproductive on the trail. Pretty much a dismal idea IMHO. I can't even find a picture of them online??,,,,BD
I could never find as much love for Rapid Rise derailleurs although we have had customers order them for tandem and touring builds with the thought that a cable failure would leave them with a useable bailout.

Shimano's regular mtb groups work really well and with two full passes of the thumbie you essentially have a rapid rise.

I often double tap my shifters when I am riding, which is what that new XTR electronic group does... the rapid rise messes that technique up.