Old 10-13-05, 06:45 PM
Enthalpic
Killing Rabbits

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by koffee brown
The problem is (I should have stated more clearly) is that you're comparing patients with vitamin B12 deficiencies with someone who most likely has no vitamin B 12 deficiency. Patients in this study (which I don't think you published in entirety, so it's even difficult to speculate) will most likely react to an influx in vitamin B 12 than an average, healthy individual. I would never use a study on a sick person to tell a well person how to eat, drink, act, etc. It makes no sense.

Koffee
It is the whole abstract but of course not the whole article. Standard practice in scientific circles is to not even provide that much, just a reference.

I never said that the person has B12 deficiency, even though it is not all that rare, especially with the elderly and vegetarians. Frankly I never made any statements about the original poster; all I said was that it is possible for feelings of hunger to be effected by vitamin/mineral intake. I only even said this because you straight out dismissed the idea. I think you now realize that kcals do not tell the whole story and that if you did your own research you could find many substances that are not considered food that significantly effect satiety (or lack thereof). I am not trying to prove you wrong or anything but just to point out the confounding variables you missed.