View Single Post
Old 06-05-14, 05:18 AM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Machka
Yes. I've been told that many times.

When there's a segregated bicycle path, within sight of the road, people who drive by feel it is their duty to yell out the window and tell you to use the path.

Sure, cyclists can ride on the highways, but if that bicycle path exists, motorists get quite upset that their tax dollars went toward building that path, and you're not using it.
I remember a while back in England I had a motorist tell me there was a bike path, when I was in the road not using the bike path (I wasn't using the bike path because it's faster to stay on the road than negotiate the bus stops, pedestrians, dogs, endless having to yield to every side road etc). This was while we were stopped at traffic lights so I thanked him for his observation and otherwise ignored him. About three miles down the road he caught up to me again - being on two wheels I'd got through the town centre traffic faster than he had. I really wanted to point out that since he was the slower vehicle he should be moving over to make room for cyclists, but sadly didn't have the chance