View Single Post
Old 06-05-14, 09:23 AM
carfart

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
T.E.T. Cycles Review--Stay away

This shop has had a history of producing excellent frames, but those days are long gone. If you're looking for a custom hand made frame look elsewhere.

I commissioned a frame in December, paid a $650 deposit, and had a full set of Paul racer brakes, brake mounts, and a front rack delivered to use for measurements. Since then I've had no communication from the shop's one builder Tom Teesdale, and he refuses to respond to my requests for an update and for the return of my parts. I've clearly been taken for a ride. I'm preparing to take some kind of legal action at this time. Most likely I'll have to begin with filing a theft report in the shop's home town of West Branch, Iowa.

If you don't want to find yourself in this position, ensure you take the time to contact other customers and not rely on sparse internet search hits before committing to a deposit. Frankly, I should have seen the warning signs and acted accordingly. If anything, anything at all, strikes me as peculiar in the future, I'll abandon the deal right away instead of letting my eagerness for a custom frame get in the way of good sense.

Last edited by carfart; 06-05-14 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Cleanup