Old 06-06-14, 04:31 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by loken
Once more campag I must thank you again for your very Detailed response, it is very much appreciated.
Funny thing is the shop I get my work done at is a specialized dealer however I do not have confidence in them anymore after they have continually failed to setup my ultegra 6800 properly. Likewise 2 other local bike shops have left me pissed off with things they have done, one had a very good rep for their service department.
I finally seem to have found one who knows what he is doing (he picked up the issue) so I will see how things go with him next.
I will mention your advice to the shop today and ill keep you informed as the any progress we have
If you can't get a warranty frame replacement loken, pull your bike out of that shop and tell them you won't do business there any more. Take your bike to the best guy you know...sounds like you found such a mechanic....have him purchase a new BB with fresh bearings and have him install it based upon the following specification. Be sure he cleans all surfaces with alcohol and assembles your Ultegra crank and adjusts bearing preload promptly with the Shimano little plastic preload wheel....right after epoxying the BB to your new slightly oversize BB to ensure bearings will share the same centerline for low drag.

I dug out the specification for you. Print out this spec and take it with you and make sure he uses the Epoxy noted in the spec...or equivalent.
Good luck. Please come back and tell us how it turns out.

http://static.specialized.com/media/...G0414_revC.pdf