LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12768 Post(s)
Liked 7,682 Times in 4,077 Posts
Originally Posted by GTryder
So I've been told by the site admin, but don't get the logic behind this rationale...the entire site would still get the same amount of traffic, or is it a cost issue to structure with more additional forums or subforums?
A dedicated forum or even a subforum would be more user friendly; ie. people wanting general or specific info for a certain genre would not have to search though several forums, topics and posts. Am I missing something here, or is it like the big box stores where one has to search the entire store for a specific item, because of their lack of logical placement (albeit they want shoppers to do this, so they are exposed to more product)?
As far as overlap, especially with Mtb Forum...Fat Bikes have some unique characteristics and issues as well as advancements being made at a rampant pace.... a subforum in the Mtb Forum would seem the logical answer; as the bulk of their usage is off road or all terrain riding.
The sound of crickets is already deafening enough in the MTB subforum so it needs the occasional fatbike post to prop it up Separate them out and this place will end up like BMX or Altbike.

Maybe each fatbike thread should start with FATBIKE:

Example:

FATBIKE: Should I get the Glacier Pounder or the Beach Boinger?